Course price 33,900 Baht (this is for the Bronze IDC package providing you are already an EFR Instructor, if not add an additional 6,000 baht this is excluding the IDC Crewpak materials & IE fee which is payable directly to PADI, see our other available IDC packages by clicking here)
*** Discounts are available if already qualified as Assistant Instructor, please contact us for details and please state when you gained these qualifications and when and how often you have been diving since gaining these qualifications.
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization. You must also have been qualified as a Open Water/Scuba Diver or equivelent for at least six months (check with a PADI Course Director or Contact Us for qualifying credentials.)
- Be certified as an Emergency First Response Instructor
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months
- Have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving to participate in the Instructor Development Course. You’ll need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Exams
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. The Emergency First Response course meets this requirement? Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement if you like you can contact us for a copy of the PADI medical form to check first before you come.
What materials do you need?
The PADI IDC crewpak includes all the materials needed to prepare for a PADI Assistant Instructor or Open Water Scuba Instructor course. The pack includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster)
- IDC Candidate Workbook and related reference materials,
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
We can supply you with the IDC Crewpak and EFR Instructor Manual for you at cost of 20,500 Baht
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Course [OWSI] at Davy Jones Locker (Which is the same as our IDC Bronze package).
The Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program is one of two distinct components of PADI’s Instructor Development Course (IDC). The first portion is the Assistant Instructor course followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor program.
The OWSI program is six days. It introduces you to the entire PADI System of diver education and concentrates on further developing your abilities as a professional dive educator.
You’ll also have the opportunity to continue your professional education by participating in specialty instructor courses, which train you to teach specialties after instructor certification.
See our IDC Schedule here.
Find out more about the OWSI course on page 2: